Saturday, October 23, 2010

it's really here....(weekend part 3)

Today is that day I have put off and dreaded....Fall Clean-up time!!!! At least it is warm out, but then it always is for a few days this week in October.  Yesterday was my sister Lynn's birthday.  It is always nice out on that day!  I think God just wants it to be an extra little blessing in honor of such a special person!!!  (Happy Birthday Lynnie!!)
 Time to take all the cushions off,  placemats up, planters down, sweep and wash it all off one last time before packing away.
Here is that 4th of July red, white and blue tub that I got from Wal-Mart for $5 that I just had to have!!! Now I must find a place to store it until spring when it will come out pink, white and green.... 
 A little sad to take all the dying plants out of the bridge planters...looks so bare.  Did you know potato vines grow big red things under them that look like radishes??  I didn't...
 Then I took out the screens...well, some of them anyway and got out the windows.  Heavy!  Those of you that have new replacement windows, be very grateful!!!
 Umbrellas...down...Fall fell.  See you again next year.

2 comments:

Wander to the Wayside said...

You have a great yard, even if you have closed up shop! I've been putting it off, the clean-up - in fact, I don't think I ever even got around to doing a lot of my spring chores outside. Love your bridge, too!

yaya said...

I know how much you hate winter, but your yard is beautiful in all seasons. Alot of work, but atleast it's done! Now you can sit back, eat bonbons and read all those books and magazines!