Monday, October 18, 2010

How to make a pumpkin...

I owe so many people "thankyous" for all they did for us in the last couple of weeks...so, besides a note, I made these little fall decorations  to hand out to friends.
I saw this craft on another blog here and thought that they were so much fun!! She posted a tutorial and hers is better than mine but will show you what I did anyway...

I cut paper strips about an inch wide and 15 inches long.  You can make them larger with longer strips and wider depending on the look you want.  Alabama Mama made different textured and patterened papers too which was more interesting than mine...FUN!


Make tendrils for the leaves by curling with a bone folder or wrapping around a pencil...then cut leaves. 

Punch a whole and put all ends, leaves, and tendrils into with a paper fastener...
Then begin fanning the strips out until unwound like a pumpkin!!!
VOILA!!!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Donna! I love your pumpkins!!! I really like the solid color ones! I was just using leftover paper I already had on hand to make mine. I definitely need to buy some solid paper now!

You are the sweetest thing ever and I am so excited to get to know you better!

{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Robin :o)

Wander to the Wayside said...

These are so cute! And I'm thinking it looks like a do-able project to do with my 7yr old grandson!

Linda P. said...

So adorable and great instructions. I'll have to try this.