Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekend review....

Tim holding Cooper and Chelsea holding Bryden

 I've said it a million times before but being with the kids is just the highlight of our lives.  Tim & Cooper came this weekend so we were happy to see them!  We did everyday things that are special because it was with them...like going to the A&W rootbeer stand!  We ate coneys, rootbeer and popcorn ...it was Cooper's first trip.  He loved it! - from eating in the car to having popcorn for lunch, loved it all.  Larry asked him to a piece and he said "NO!"  lol 


Cooper eating A&W popcorn!

Having the boy cousins together is a treat too...Bryden watches Cooper and imitates him.  He adores his cousin!!!  

Bottom right...Cooper showing his painted artwork

It was Larry's dad's 90th birthday this weekend too!!

We celebrated by having a birthday party...cake and all the trimmings!!  They loved having Bryden there...he entertained them all!
He is doing well,-is healthy, walks everyday and takes good care of his beloved wife.  Happy Birthday Joe, and many more!!

21 comments:

Hope said...

oh yes! Happy Birthday!

lovely family moments!

rjerdee said...

You do a great job of appreciating all you've been given!

acorn hollow said...

you were busy and what a wonderful family. A+W I haven't been to a drive in forever. sounds like fun.
cathy

Wanda..... said...

Happy Birthday to Larry's dad, Joe!

Does A&W still serve their rootbeer in glass mugs, Donna. I have 2 of their large ones from the late 50s. Our hometown rootbeer stand closed years ago, my first dates in high school with my husband were to there.

Kerri said...

Sounds like the BEST kind of weekend...together with family!

lesa said...

I agree, it looks like the very best weekend. I also love being with family and enjoying the important things.

Have a good week!

Molly said...

You have such a lovely family Donna. Happy birthday to Joe xxxx

Cheryl said...

Hi Donna, thanks for the welcome back. It's good to be back and I'm slowly getting things back to normal. I enjoyed the work and hope you do too, but it sure takes up time :-) Lovely post and that cake - fantastic!

Stacy said...

Nice weekend with family. :)

Jennifer said...

Hi!That is wonderful you could all be together! We celebrated my Dad's 86th Bday and my sister was in town from Atlanta too...we have a great perspective seeing the wisdom of the older generation and the exuberance of the youngest ones...the circle of life!

Tom Stephenson said...

Sorry - those kids are just too cute to be real. A bit of CGI involved I suspect.

yaya said...

Irene and Joe look good. I'm glad you were able to spend Joe's birthday with them. The rootbeer stand is the best. It's the first place my kids want to go when they come here to visit. Good memories!

Jeanne Henriques said...

I love your family photos Donna...such joy in each and every one :)

Jeanne xx

Katherines Corner said...

Happy belated b day, 90! how wonderful, what great stories you must hear. Smooches!

Donna said...

Happy Birthday, Joe!! My dad will be 88 this year!

Your family photos are just beautiful! ... Donna

Deb Shucka said...

There's nothing quite like those special family times. Thank you for sharing your magic moments with us.

Anonymous said...

Tu as une belle famille, Donna. Tes enfants sont petits, donc complètement à toi encore. Profite bien d'eux car ils grandiront vite...
Bonne journée!

Leontien said...

Van Harte Gefeliciteerd!!!

=

Happy Birthday!!!

Thanks
Leontien

karen said...

It's always a good time when you can give the grandkiddies their first taste of a wonderful treat. And cousins together? Nothing better! Your father in law is adorable - I hope he has many MANY more birthdays!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Joe! And God bless you :-)

Did you say A&W rootbeer? That was one of my favorite places to go when I was a kid. I thought they had all closed down?

A Tale of Two Cities said...

I agree with you!! I'm headed home from London for 6 weeks of family time: the birth of a grand son in two weeks and a niece's wedding make for a full joy-filled month.