Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pieces and Parts and What the Wind blew in....

Have you ever noticed have many pieces and parts there are to things that you buy in a box??  We bought this bargain at my favorite grocery store for the grandkids....and then we opened the box!  To my sadness, there are LOTS of things to put togethers.  It seems anything we have bought in the last 10 years, including a crib, have come in boxes that need to be put together. 

When Chelsea was 4 or 5 we got one of these same little cars for her (wish I still had it!).  It was twice the size and had a seat for two.  Now it's twice as small and costs twice as much!  Bryden loves just sitting in the car without wheels, etc...ha!  He liked the box too.

It took us forever to put  it all together which is why you don't see an end product.  It was time for Byrden to go to bed by the time we finished!
This morning about 4 am, I was awakened by the sound of the wind.  I ran outside to see what was going on and it was quite a wind storm. Then the electricity went off briefly.  On my way to work, there was this tree across the driveway and many branches down.

On the next street there was a light pole leaning against electric wires and I thought we might be without electricity again but so far, it's OK.  The wind is still blowing but supposed to be better tonight.  Listening to the news and hearing there were upward of 200 tornados in the U.S. the last 24 hours, I know we are very lucky!

I did a little today, but think "clean-up" is our weekend word!

I hope it's blowing in nice weather!

13 comments:

karen said...

So terrible to see the damage from all of the tornadoes! I'm glad you were safe. You really do live in such a beautiful part of the country. And - your grandson is adorable. Funny how they love the boxes, huh?

Rebecca said...

Glad your damage was minimal (in comparison) and that you still have your electricity.

Yes, putting things together is challenging. A couple of weekends ago we helped a single lady put together a TV stand. It had doors with hinges, etc. Quite a challlenge!

Your little car looks really sweet!

yaya said...

I hate to put things together..even at work when doing those ortho cases! I say just give that cutie the box and I bet he will be as happy as can be! Glad you didn't lose electric and no more damage. Surprising that we didn't lose power and all our trees are still there. I'm hoping Sat. will bring sun so I can finally get some weeding done!

Julia said...

Donna, I'm so glad that you only got a little bit of damage. I just finished looking at an arial video footage of the Tornado disaster in Alabama. It is unbelievable the damage they got. .

The world is surly going through some terrible catastrophes lately.

On a brighter note, your grandson is a lucky little guy to have a bright new red car. Stay safe . JB

Rosaria Williams said...

So good to hear you're o.k. Horrible situation in so many parts, affecting so many good people. Enjoy your day.

Donna said...

Donna, I'm afraid it is going to be a crazy summer, weatherwise. I'm glad you didn't lose power for long. Oh gosh, Bryden is so cute in his little car! I wish I had some of my girls old toys, too. Thanks for the sweet comment on our crazy Baby cat!... Donna

Marsha Young said...

So glad to hear you were spared what so many others were not.

Glad you are all safe. blessings to you - Marsha

Lesa said...

Looks like it will be a cute little car when it is all together. Isn't it funny how kids like to play with the boxes.. :)

Hope you are all safe and that your clean-up goes well this weekend.

Kerri said...

I agree...too many pieces in those boxes! I always wonder how much of the money is spent on packaging...you have to be a genius to figure out how to get everything to fit in the box!

We had tornado warnings here all morning...lots of wind...scary stuff.

Cheryl said...

Glad to hear you're OK. Seems these extreme weather events are going to become more frequent and more severe as the climate changes. Cute car - worth the effort I think.

saltbox
treasures
said...

Yes, I have noticed there are so many pieces to put things together these days. Glad you avoided the big storms. Your grandkids are so sweet.
~ Julie

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Thankful that you are safe. Me too! The tornadoes passed us by. My electricity was on and off all day. I was reminded of how much we take for granted.
I hate putting things together! But I'm not a direction reader or should I say comprehender. My hubby on the other hand, will spend hours reading directions and aligning every part. It's always put together right at least. I don't have the patience.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Susan Anderson said...

All this crazy weather is wreaking havoc. I hope it clears up, soon, especially for the people who've suffered from those awful tornadoes. What a tragedy.

BTW, I hate putting things together, too...which is why that's always been my hubby's job at our house!

=)